My first post in this new blog was supposed to be about FREE credit reports. But I just saw the advertisement for http://www.fedcreditrelief.com/ right here in the Google ads.
Of course I immediately realized that it’s another SCAM, a total fraud. But since I want to be able to DOCUMENT my allegations, I used their “qualifier” and answered the 3 questions:
What is your Approximate Credit Card Debt? — $100,000
How many dependents did you claim on your 2008 tax return? — 1
Are You Experiencing Financial Hardship? — yes
On the next page:
YES, I QUALIFY!!! Isn’t that fantastic!
I immediately called the 1-800-526-5985. “Jonathon” answered. Who is this? “Jonathon”.
I apologized for apparently having misdialed and he then told me that this was New Life Solutions. Obviously, I dialed the wrong number as I was at website called FED Credit Relief. He assured me that I dialed correctly and he transferred me to Stephanie.
I didn’t need my “SECURE web pin”. Stephanie told me that they are New Life Solution and she again asked me what I owe and nothing else and she told me that my $100,000 in debts could be settled for $40,000 — PLUS their fee. I forgot to ask how much their fee is.
NEXT, I did some RESEARCH.
The domain registration for http://anewlifesolution.com/
Sarpas, David David.Sarpas@anewlifesolution.com
New Life Solution
2101 e. Fourth Street #B260
Santa Ana, California 92705
Created on: 21-May-09
Who is David Sarpas?
According to complaints on the web, he defrauded consumers by enrolling home owners in mortgage modification programs. From the 11/17/09 California Department of Real Estate ORDER to Desist and Refrain at http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/loanmod_drs/H36357LA.pdf:
FINDINGS OF FACT
1. REFISOUP.COM, INC. is presently licensed and or has license rights under the Real Estate Law, Part 1 of Division 4 of the California Business and Professions Code (“Code”), as a real estate corporation.
2. UNITED STATES HOMEOWNERS RELIEF is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
3. GREENLEAF LEGAL SERVICES, LLC is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
4. PAUL BAIN is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department inany capacity.
5. AMIN SARPAS is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
6. SIMON YARANDI is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
7. DAMON CARRIGER is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
8. SUE MEHTA is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
9. MAY CHOURY is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
10. CHRISTINE ORMOND is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
11. DAVID SARPASS is not now, and has never been, licensed by the Department in any capacity.
12. At the time set forth below each and every respondent solicited borrowers and negotiated to do one or more of the following acts for another or others, for or in expectation of compensation: engaged in the business of, acted in the capacity of, or advertised a loan modification service and advance fee brokerage under one or more business names including, but not limited to, “Greenleaf Legal Services, LLC”, “Greenleaf’ or “Greenleaf Modify” soliciting, offering to negotiate or perform loan modification services with respect to loans which were secured by liens on real property for compensation or in expectation of compensation and for fees collected in advance of the transaction.
… [emphasis added]
The order goes on to describe in detail how people got screwed by these thugs.
I don’t know why there’s a 2nd “s” for David Sarpass, but I don’t doubt that New Life Solutions is registered by the same David “Sarpass” and scamming people is HIS new life solution. Incredibly, they didn’t even bother to change their address!
From the Order:
2101 E. Fourth St., Suite B260
Santa Ana, CA 92705
There you have it.
But I can’t really blame Mr. Sarpas(s) for defrauding people. Why shouldn’t he?
CRIMINALS can make SO MUCH MONEY totally RISK FREE!
MANY victims complained to the California Attorney General about the Federal Debt Relief System (FDRS) scam and they REFUSED to shut them down!
Read the FDRS DAMAGE REPORTS. Sure, after two years and hundreds of hours of publishing the FDRS scam and being subjected to harassment and abuse by FDRS, I finally put them out of business. But owner Mark Cella is laughing all the way to the bank because the California attorney general REFUSES to press charges against these thugs and to put them in prison.
I recently remarked on our corrupt regulators who FAIL to do their job:
It is utterly ridiculous that GOOGLE has to file lawsuits against people who should be in prison.
The California Department of Real Estate did NOT do whatever it takes to put the criminals in jail and to STOP them from defrauding the “disadvantaged” — the people who don’t have the knowledge and skills to realize that they’re being defrauded until AFTER they have completed the program or the company is out of business.
The California Department of Real Estate repeatedly IGNORED my complaints about false and illegal advertising of mortgages in 2004 and 2005.
They WANTED many millions of home owners to fall for these false advertisements and to get loans they could not afford. Incredibly, that’s STILL their goal. They STILL condone the advertising of 0% mortgages, false claims of government programs, etc. I STILL see the LowerMyBills.com (credit bureau Experian owned) false and deceptive mortgage ads.
Back to FED Debt Relief and New Life Solutions.
Please don’t expect ME to waste my time on them and don’t ask me to work for you free of charge.
If you have an IQ above room temperature, stay away from ALL debt elimination / settlement / counseling, etc. companies.
For profit, non profit — it makes NO difference. I’ve NEVER seen one that was worth paying for.
Contrary to Jonathon’s and Stephanie’s sales pitch, there is NOTHING in the Stimulus Package that requires lenders to do ANYTHING for your credit card debt. They do NOT have attorneys who will keep lenders from suing you as Jonathon claimed.
According to Jonathon, they have the lowest fee in the business (under 9%) and they are NOT bonded so that they can keep their fees so low. I asked him to email the contract, but haven’t received it yet. I suspect that ALL your payments go to their FEES until the entire fee is paid, as that is how these scammers tend to operate. Obviously, nobody in their right mind would pay the fee after they realized they got scammed.
And what does FED Credit Debt Relief have to do with New Life Solutions?
I really don’t know. The Fed Credit Debt Relief domain is a private registration in Vancouver, WA. It could be an “affiliate” who gets paid huge commissions to bring them businesses OR it could be David Sarpass’ domain. It’s always a good idea to do the MARKETING under a different name to avoid liability for false claims.
So there you have it. If you really WANT to settle your debts or collectors are harassing you, research your options.
Currently you even get a FREE 6-months subscription to CreditFactors with a $50 donation to Liars and Cheats EXPOSED.
There’s no magic, just a LOT of information for those willing and able to read and learn.
Hopefully my next post will be about credit reports as planned.
— UPDATE: At Complaintsboard is a LOT of info about their home loan modification scam:
Also, I just received their contract and noticed a DIFFERENT address on the contract:
New Life Solutions (“AGENCY”), located at 635 East 1st St., Suite 247, Tustin, CA 92780, 888-271-7538
I’ll try to upload my payment plan and the contract.